After receiving the Cardinals excellent 40x40 pre cut plywood bases I started to rebase my AWI armies from AWRG to Black Powder which I can also use for British Grenadier. French and Americans first. Still haven't done artillery yet, may cut some round bases for those and mount crew on washers. Anyway here is a sample American unit coated the bases and edges in a random brown colour I had at home Tamiya XF 72. White glue then dipped into Woodland Scenics Brown Ballast, dry brushed with GW Bleached Bone and finished with GW static grass.
This is a small unit in BP terms will probably make standard unit 4 elements.The flag well its probably not really historical grabbed it off Warflag to give a "finished" look.
Did the commanders on round bases as well. These figures Old Glory of Rochambeau and can't remember are ones I did in the early 1990's. Photo is not that great either. The longer grass from some stuff I picked up from LMRS and cant find the label for, will need to rely on memory to find it again.